Today’s Hip Hop Fashion Brands
Hip hop fashion is everywhere. Hip hop clothing designers have certainly made a mark in today’s fashion. Urban fashion is more than oversize football jerseys, and baggy jeans for men and skintight mini-dresses, and low rise jeans for women. Actually, urban clothing has evolved over the years to include a wide variety of styles. Just as fast as the music has spread and inspired listeners of all colors and backgrounds, anyone can wear urban wear and look good. Here are some of the top hip hop clothing brands.
- Apple Bottom Jeans caters to trendsetting women of all shapes and sizes. Being fashion trendy is not easy when you have curves. The motto of Apple Bottoms is “A woman should not try to fit the clothes; the clothes should fit the woman!” Apple Bottoms ultimate mission is to exhibit and accentuate the natural curves of a woman. This unique brand is the mastermind of platinum superstar Nelly. His creative team of designers crafted the perfect fit for different women’s body shapes. Since the release of Apple Bottoms they have become one of the hottest urban clothing lines that caters to females of all shapes and sizes. The brand is adored by celebrities including Oprah, Alicia Keys, and Ciara. Apple Bottoms is now a full clothing line for women, including not only jeans, but also skirts, shorts, shirts, and even jackets.
- Kimora Lee has positioned Baby Phat as the world’s top destination brand for female urban hop hip clothing. Sexy and stylish, Baby Phat, has become a phenomenon in style and fashion with women all over the world. Kimora’s experience as a top fashion model, her marriage to Russell Simmons, her intrinsic sense of style would put Baby Phat at the forefront of the urban luxury movement. Kimora Lee’s lavish designs are sought after by top celebrities including Britney Spears, Lil’ Kim and Alicia Keys. Baby Phat’s eye-catching clothing represents everything that is feminine, fun, glitzy, glamorous, and sensuous. The line now includes outerwear, handbags, shoes, lingerie, jewelry, two limited edition Motorola mobile phones and a signature fragrance. Kimora Lee continues to take fashion to new heights. Baby Phat certainly is a lifestyle brand for the glamorous woman who loves fashion
- Beyonce Knowles, one of the greatest R&B singers of our day has successfully transcended the music industry. She has become a songwriter, record producer, actress, dancer, fashion designer, fashion model, and film producer in the span of about 5 years. Beyonce launched her family’s fashion line House of Dereon in 2004 with her mother Tina Knowles. The style and concept is inspired by three generations of women in their family, with the name “Dereon” paying tribute to Beyonce’s grandmother, Agnez Dereon.
- Marc Ecko, the creative force behind the Ecko Clothing brand, has pioneered the fashion of the youth culture and global lifestyle brand. The brand has expanded to include several lines comprised of Ecko Unlimited (men), Ecko Red (women), EckM Function (outerwear and alternative sports), Marc Ecko Leather (leather goods), Marc Ecko watches, Marc Ecko Scopes (eyewear), EckM Storage (bags and accessories), Marc Ecko Footwear (men’s, women’s, and children’s footwear), Zoo York (skateboarding, extreme sports, and hip hop), EckM Unlimited Boys and Ecko Red Girls lines.
- Founded by Jonas Bevacqua and Robert Wright, Lifted Research Group (LRG) represents the common love of music and fashion by its creators. Bevacqua was responsible for the idea for the company and also raised the initial startup capital from friends who worked in the fashion industry. The independent clothing company was quickly recognized by the hip hop generation, being worn by hip-hop celebrities Kanye West and Chris Brown. According to the founders, the company’s success has been the result of listening to their passions instead of their pockets.
- Rocawear Clothing represents a borderless, global lifestyle. Created by Jay-Z, the brand quickly became the main brand for street savvy consumers. The Rocawear clothing line maintains a focus of providing clever innovation in fabrication, application and design to its customers. Diversifying from young men’s wear to women’s, juniors, children’s, infants and accessories, Rocawear defines and advances urban cultural trends while remaining a true reflection of urban lifestyle.
- Sean John Clothing has grown from a domestic style to international recognition. Diddy brings his acute sense of style to his signature collection of sportswear, underwear, outerwear, tailored suits, boys clothing, fragrances, accessories, women’s wear, and eyewear. The New York Times praises Sean John for its perpetual success. P.Diddy states “Sean John clothing is not looking for a quick hit, but is rather committed to the quality and design of its products. We would ultimately like to be viewed as the future of fashion”.