Junior to Mid-Level Project Designer 2-5+ Years – San
IB+A is a boutique award-winning design firm located near Union Square in San Francisco with a satellite office in Sea Ranch. Committed to the continued professional growth of our staff, we provide rewarding learning opportunities encompassing the many roles and responsibilities expected of members of the architectural profession.
Our goal as architects is the creation of innovative, yet contextually responsive architecture. Our designs, when appropriate, lean towards well-mannered insertions into the urban context creating forms and engaging spaces that enhance and further the collective environment.
As a studio-based firm, collaboration and dedication are key components to our success – and that of our clients – all our commissions come from current and past clients or are referrals from those clients
IB+A currently has a multifamily project under construction in Napa and is engaged in the development and entitlements of several significant multifamily projects in San Francisco and Burlingame, including a hi-rise in the Mission, as well as a single-family home in Sea Ranch. Our portfolio of past projects includes multifamily mixed-use infill housing, senior housing, and several hospitality projects. We are also designers of outdoor advertising projects in cities throughout the country. Local examples of our designs can be found at the Oakland Coliseum, Bay Bridge and Oakland Airport.
We have a position open for a Junior to Mid-Level Project Designer with 2 – 5 years of demonstrable professional experience. Candidates ideally have experience in multifamily housing design, and mixed-use, mid- and hi-rise buildings. Additional desirable experience would include urban planning, commercial core and shell, and tenant improvements. Candidates must be comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously.
IB+A offers a competitive salary together with benefits and growth opportunities for motivated architects wishing to advance their careers while leading significant design projects within the San Francisco Bay Area.
Compensation package and benefits include:
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Chiropractic Insurance
- 401k including employer contributions
- Performance-based bonuses
- Profit sharing plan
- Continuing education opportunities, ARE support and reimbursements
- Sea Ranch retreat
- Flex schedule work week with half-day, remote-work, Fridays
- Excellent project management skills including meeting timeline, budget and quality expectations
- Excellent design skills including conceptual design, design development and presentations.
- Proven detailing skills and knowledge of basic construction types
- Ability and experience in taking a project from concept through occupancy
- Excellent skills in analytics, organization, record-keeping and writing
- Strong public and personal communications skills
- Experienced in working in team environments
- Ability to effectively manage sub-consultants’ work product and performance
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, experience in Revit, proficiency in CreativeSuite, Sketchup, and MS Office
- A disposition and manner that contributes positively to the firm’s work environment
- 2-5+ Years post graduation
- Professional Architecture Degree (Bachelor or Master of Architecture from accredited school in the U.S.A. or equal)
- Working knowledge of the California Building Codes and ADA requirements
- Knowledge of LEED and Green Point Rating systems
- Experience with the San Francisco Planning Code and the Project Entitlement process
How to Apply
Please send your CV and examples of your work (8 pages or less) to [email protected] Please send PDF format files only. No phone calls, please. IB+A is an Equal-Opportunity Employer
Back to Job List…